Thursday, August 10, 2006

OWASP, Mumbai Chapter - 2nd Meet - 31-July -06

I spoke on the Significance of Random Numbers in Application Security. I started off with the practical usage of random numbers. I explained how good random number generation prevents applications from malfunctioning, increases strength of cryptographic operations which in turn increases entropy associated with the key.
I went on to explain how random numbers automate otherwise manual tasks and how it increases the security of application. Explaining the concepts of entropy and seeds I explained the level it should be reached in an application. Finally, I spoke about the various sources of random numbers.I also showed developers the simple mathematics required to calculate minimum password lengths, given the security requirements.

You can find my presentation here.

No comments: